What’s Happening in the Market
- Closed median price at an all-time high of $736,500, up 20% from a year ago.
- Price appreciation is being driven by low supply and high demand. Eastside month’s supply of inventory is less than three weeks (0.7 months), the lowest ever.
- 737 active listings as of 3/31/17. Down 21% from last year and 42% from the year before.
- Scarcity has buyers paying above list price on 61% of the sales that closed in March.
- What was the cost of waiting on year (March 2016 vs March 2017) to buy? $120,400 more in median price. Interest rates up .51%. $769 a month more for the same home.